Meadow Outdoor is one of those companies you’re familiar with even if you don’t know it. If you live in the Pacific Northwest, chances are you’ve seen one of their 1200-plus billboards along rural and urban corridors. They’ve successfully become the biggest billboard company in Oregon, competing alongside much larger, national advertising networks and earning the respect of their peers and community.
What's their secret?It starts with family. Meadow Outdoor has been family owned and operated since 1968. This emphasis on close, long-lasting relationships includes the company’s extended “family” of 25—and growing—full-time employees, many of whom have worked with Meadow Outdoor for over a decade. It continues through the company’s dedication to their communities—Meadow Outdoor frequently donates to local charities— as well as a commitment to customers, who appreciate the prompt service and guidance provided by Meadow Outdoor’s seasoned team of expert billboard designers. And, as we at Daylight Studio can attest, the company also treats business partners like family.
Once we reviewed Meadow’s needs, we developed a new content management system for the company. Harnessing the power of FUEL CMS, this system handles everything from artwork and inventory numbers to invoices, receivables, statements, contracts, and day-to-day reports. Our development of the system was informed by the each department’s specific process requirements.
How the New Database System Serves the Meadow Team
Betsy Hege is the Sales Service Manager at Meadow Outdoor. She is concerned with two things – Inventory control, and guiding the customer service experience for Meadow customers through responsive support and guidance for the sales team.
Jeani is the Production Manager at Meadow Outdoor and is the real mastermind behind their database system. She spends her time managing contracts and billboard production orders—it’s a lot to track. Fortunately for Jeani, Daylight created a notification and reminders system that lets her concentrate on what’s in front of her, while not allowing small details to fall through the cracks.
Pam is the master of the books, and the one who keeps Meadow rocking and rolling by sending out invoices, and statements, recording payments, and writing checks—all while listening to the greatest hits of the 80s. At the end of the day, though, Pam wants what anyone else would want: balance. It’s no surprise then that her favorite part of the new Meadow database is the Daily Balance Report: single number at the end of the day that indicates a job well done.
The Results in a Nutshell
Meadow Outdoor’s new database system has improved efficiency antd quality of life in virtually every department of the company:
- Sales staff can view current contracts, locations, set up reminders, create contacts, and set up desired lists. They can type in the contact's address and access a map that provides an overview of all of the company’s billboard locations in the area
- Management can access real time information about profitability of each billboard.
- The team can monitor illumination on billboards that are not rented, saving energy and time.
- The contract management process has been digitized, improving accountability and eliminating the need for envelopes, paper, and stamps.
- Accounting can instantly pull up and review any invoice with a client. Accounting also receives daily reports of leases coming due in the next 90 days.
- Meadow Outdoor can sort and view work orders in an easy-to-navigate, permanent database.
Meadow Outdoor’s story demonstrates the power of an efficient database to transform daily operations. It all adds up to more a productive company, happier clients, and more time for every member of the team to focus on what matters most: building relationships, giving back, and getting their message out there.
- Custom Application Development
- Data Modeling
Have a Goal in Mind?
The Daylight team is ready to shape your ideas into tangible business results.